Daily shipments have become standard for numerous homeowners due to the emergence of online shopping. You love the benefit of having goods dropped right in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a real issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide so much more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’ll likely come to be a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Fort Collins video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to improve. You are now able to implement detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and get real-time updates whenever a package arrives.
The simplest way to find out how a Fort Collins video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous benefits it offers. Consider the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and packages on the surface below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Vivid streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the point of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio lets you inquire about their purpose for being there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will help you minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to view current and recorded video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may access them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you talk with the individual at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.