How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Fort Collins smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your Fort Collins home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and check out recommendations to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Collins?
Wirelessly linking to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the duties you can perform:
- View live or saved footage from all linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Collins by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Collins
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add another user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select email or phone and enter the info to send an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Fort Collins security system. Dial (970) 703-0718 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.