Ways to cut down on false alarms in Fort Collins
False alarms can be a legitimate concern for a home security system. Not only are they a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you may do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Fort Collins home security system.
First, be sure that all components are connected properly. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that simple mistakes trigger false alarms. Next, check out potential causes of false alarms, including entry points that could be kept open inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to use the many tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Fort Collins.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and find out.
Can you avoid false alarms in Fort Collins?
When figuring out any concern, the first thing to do is review the manual. Be certain that all your components are set up correctly on your end by:
- Running a system analysis through your smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each device to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Reach out to your service specialist if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Fort Collins system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to examine your setup.
Check your windows and doors
If your installation appears to be installed properly, the ensuing measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your entries shut tight, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an access point remains open, it could trigger an activated sensor. In the event your clan routinely forgets to shut a door, you can implement a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your system is engaged. Regrettably, windows require more hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who likes to sleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it easy to turn off that alarm while protecting the remaining areas of the house.
Automation is a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Fort Collins
One of the most effective ways to lessen the chance of false alarms is to integrate automation into your security system. By using your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that result from mistakenly unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again at night when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm if you leave the property, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get smartphone alerts when your implements sense unusual movements or have need of a fresh battery.
- Pair your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to operate your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Fort Collins with a Vivint smart home system
Greater control over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint home security system, call (970) 703-0718 or send in the form on this page.